Friday, September 13, 2024

Lists (Fragments of Lists)

I was recently perusing the old blog here and it really inspired me to try to write another easy post this month. In the past, I used to frequently create lists on the blog. So, why not?  

Current Favorite Fast Food Pizza (Top 4) 
1. Marco's (the new #1 is pretty darn good)
2. Papa John's (I actually don't like it that much)
3. Domino's (currently on strike from this chain, it's a LONG story).
4. Little Caesars (recovering from the trauma of years of hot and ready pizzas with the kids). 

All-Time Favorite Spurs Role Players 
1. Malik Rose (there was just something about the guy - all hustle, all heart)
2. Bois Diaw (one of the most unique players in NBA history)
3. Robert Horry (he's an asshole but I can't argue with the results)
4. Patty Mills (gotta love him)
5. Danny Green (will always remember Danny's penchant for chasing down blocks on layups)
6. Antonie Carr (the big dawg, awesome)
7. Frank Brickowski (just a tough son of a gun)

Current Favorite Diet Sodas
1. Diet Dr. Pepper
2. Diet Coke
3. Coke Zero
4. HEB Diet Cola
5. Diet Pepsi (I mean, if I have to) 

Favorite Roles I have played (as an adult) 
1. Jonathan/Charles Haversham - The Play That Goes Wrong
2. Professor Marvel/Wizard - The Wizard of Oz
3. Elisha Whitney, Anything Goes 
4. Phineous Trout, Willy Wonka 
5. Franz, The Sound of Music 
5. Doctor Spivey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 

Other countries I have visited for a "significant amount of time" in chronological order: 
1. Mexico (7 days)
2. China (22 days)
3. Ethiopia (13ish days, two trips)
4. Peru (13 days)
5. UK/Ireland (31 days, two trips) 

My dream trip locations I would like to visit (in no order and I could go on for days, to be honest)

1. Red Wood Forest National Park  
2. Pacific Coast of US/Canada 
3. Spain
4. Jordan (Petra)
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. India
7. Vietnam 
8. Egypt
9. South Africa
10. Kenya
11. Peru (I would go back in a heartbeat)
12. Japan 
13. Anywhere in Europe 

Current Favorite Candy Bars (I am pretty sure I listed this before)
1. Almond Joy
2. PayDay 
3. Chocolate PayDay
4. Peanut M&M's 
5. Reese's I guess 

Marvel Comics I look for when at a comic shop/used book store
1. Any Spider-Man before 1991, especially with the black costume.
2. Fantastic Four 250-300 (I have MOST of these but I am on the lookout to complete the run)
3. Excalibur (1-75, I have most of them but looking to finish the run).  
4. Transformer (extremely unlikely to find but I would pick it up).
5. Micronauts (either run, they are awesome)
6. Dr. Strange (you just don't see many of these out there)
7. Any pre-1990 Marvel but I tend to avoid mutant titles unless it's X-Men. 

Ranking SW Droids 

1. BB-8 (most of those movies sucked but this droid was cute and the design was neat)
2. The little black thing that was probably a remote-controlled car with a black box thrown on top of it (I think it's in Empire) - cute and COOL. 
3. C-3P0 - he's funny and underrated. Great performance by the actor. 
4. IG-88 (in Mando) -  he's funny
5. The droid in that one movie that is about stealing the Death Star plan (it's boring) - he's funny.
6. R2-D2 is overrated and annoying but he has his moments 
7. The cool Empire droid that shoots at Luke and Han in Empire in the snow at the start (badass) 

My Favorite Lazy Stuff To-Do on Weekends 
1. Staying up late 
2. Sleeping in (no later than 9:30, I promise, and rarely after 8:30) 
3. Sneaking in a nap on a quiet Saturday or Sunday afternoon
4. Making breakfast tacos in the morning
5. Going to the store early on Saturday or Sunday to pick up just a few things and NO one is there, that's nice. 
6. Reading quietly in the morning before anyone else gets up,
7. Same time as reading, directing the reflection off my phone and letting the cat chase it around the living room. 
8. Making grilled cheese sandwiches for Sunday lunch (tradition)
9. Thinking about doing something and then not doing it

That's all I can do. That's all I can handle for now. 

Until next time, think about an old memory that makes ya smile. See ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment