Monday, January 2, 2012

Truck List

My first car was a 1986 Toyota Pickup. It was a tough little truck and fun to drive. I created a lot of memories in that truck.

Looked just like this. Funny how one can see so much personality in a plain white truck.

I drove the truck for six years (1994-2000) and before we gave it away to charity (it was un-driveable), I cleaned out the cab and discovered something quite like a time capsule. It seemed at the time I should write it down....so, here it is (with a few explanations).  Honestly, my current vehicle is usually pretty messy even to this day.



An amazing amount of ATM receipts and bank deposits slips

1 Gatorade bottle with water in it

1 Willy Wonka poster (torn and bent, I have no idea how I got this)

1 plastic cup from Sibisa (on campus cafereria at TAMU)

Numerous glass shards

1 AA battery

1 roll of clear tape

1 roll of duct tape

1 Arby's cup

1 Taco Bell cup

1 Mcdonald's cup

1 Plastic sports bottle

The Rentals -7 More Minutes CD packaging

1 - College Station, TX Ticket for Disorderly Conduct and the plea  (excessive noise from the one party we had at our apartment).

2 Umbrellas

1 metal rod

1 cable (for TV)

1 comb

1 yellow leaf air fresher

2 bottles of oil (the truck "drank" oil at a high rate, so I was always checking my oil gauge)

Disney "Magic Ball" candy package (from 1999 given to my girlfriend at the time)

1 ketchup packet

one of my dad's softball line-ups (he was the manger for many years of the unofficial church team)

2 Records (one was Disco Disney) both were badly warped from the excessive heat. I  had brought them  from home to play on our radio show but I forgot they were shoved in the back of the cab and so they got warped and unplayable.

5 Hang-Tags --1 from UTSA, 2 from Blinn, 2 from A&M

Numerous receipts from 1997-2000 (mainly from fast food joints) the oldest one from - Whataburger on  4/13/96 

1 mint

1 half eaten Trident gum pack

No comments:

Post a Comment