Friday, January 20, 2012

Notes from College

So I have been writing a series of posts on "How I Met Your Mother" and this led me to digging through old files (digital and physical) and got me interested in creating a proper timeline of events, even events outside the realm of the HIMYM posts.

Couldn't help but laugh at my notes from my senior history seminar from 2000. My senior seminar was on historical fiction - we were able to select any time period in history and create a story on it. The idea was great - I had a great time and learned a lot working on my story. However, I didn't learn very much during our class time. During class we spent much of our time discussing various historical fiction that he had assigned for us to read. I remember the class being very slow and our prof being partially disabled. It was awkward at times. Judging from these notes, I guess we didn't stay on-topic very well.

I had a little fun with my notes this particular day (timing awkward pauses) and our professor enjoyed talking about drugs. What a waste of a class.

From February 29, 2000. Some of the notes I am unsure of the meaning...

Need a pay-off scene (for our story) / PJ walks in / Tastes in books / Silence - 35 seconds / Weather? / More Silence 59 seconds / Battle of Honey Hill / Complaint of 10 page paper length / Challenge of tears / Silence - 23 seconds / Amphetamines / Ritalin Use / Fighting Ritalin girls / Selling extra Ritalin/ Silence - 35 seconds / Sprite bottle tricks /Questions over class schedule? / Joking of quitting / Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire? TV Show / New shows / A story/ Silence / Good feeling about this class / Hard tests? / Teacher evaluation / Bad grad student / Logistical nightmare of a prof quitting in the middle of a semester / T.A.S. / Silence / Coast Guard pranks / turn in paper /end

No comments:

Post a Comment