Friday, April 1, 2011

Fragments, Today

Overrated smell: New Cars
Underrated smell: New Shoes

Got some new finds from the Goodwill today. Yay!

Thinking about posting some links to my favorite sites/blogs. I'll get around to it eventually.

Spurs: Depressing

I spun the old Green Day album, Dookie the past week at various times in my car. The first time around it was great and brought back a lot of great memories from high school.  The second time I tried to get through it - I couldn't. Most of it just didn't age well with me. I can put this album away for safe keeping for another 5-10 years.


Funny Story: My first rock band t-shirt was a Green Day t-shirt with the "Green Day" written on the front, in front of a pile of "dookie" and "Dookie" written on the back, in front of another pile of "dookie" (with flies flying around the pile.) Now if you weren't paying attention you really didn't notice the pile of poop because the shirt was dark green and the poop was dark brown.  So my parents were cool with it until my sister "outed" me. It wasnt' a big deal, I just remember my sister telling my mom, "Do you know what's on the back of his shirt?" Of course, I could still wear the shirt....but it was pure disgust at my silly wannabe punk t-shirt. This t-shirt was about rebellious as I got in high school. Sometimes I wonder if my parents even know how good they got it with me.



Speaking of music, I recently bought tickets for the Weezer Pinkerton Memories show in Austin on June 6th.  Pretty sweet - but the ticket price was not so sweet. The first time I saw the band in 96' the ticket was  under 20 bucks with service fees.  I may love the "Blue Album" a little more but I figured there would be more hardcore fans at the Pinkerton show. So thus, the better overall concert experience.

Idea: a blog post of all the concerts I've ever been to....that would be fun to do!


Still trippin' on the international flavor that my hits show.....but that's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment