Monday, April 25, 2011

Fragmentally Here

Today's Fragments....

Easter came and went. Candy overload at our house.

Being Easter week I was thinking about the stories in the gospel after Jesus' resurrection. In a few of the stories, people don't recognize Jesus even as he walks and talks with them (i.e., Luke 24).  Until this week I had never really thought about this metaphor before - but how often do we not recognize Jesus? He's been there walking and talking with us the whole time? You could claim Jesus was purposefully masking himself - but I think the writers are making the point - we're too wrapped up in the "possible". We're so grounded to objective "reality" that we've convinced ourselves there's no way God is right here. Next to you and me.  The gospel authors are not saying "seeing is believing" instead the ideas is,  if you don't believe - you can't see.

A few weeks ago my "pastor" said "The opposite of faith isn't doubt but fear". But what if it's fear and doubt? I mean, I'm really lacking faith!

You know it's the spring time when both my student's and my own motivation just drops like a rock. It's like it's adversely tied to the temperature rise of the spring season. As the temperature rises, the motivation goes down. My class seems to end on a whimper every spring (which is sad).

No comments:

Post a Comment