Monday, April 18, 2011

Top 10 Careers I Didn't Have

The type of blogging I do can be inherently self-absorbed (then again, so is life). Anyway, the other day I sat out on a back porch on a beautiful spring day and in my few minutes of solitude I wrote up a top ten list.

10 Career Paths I Could Have Followed But Didn't (and the reasons why they didn't work out)

10. Cartoonist (not focused enough/did not spend enough attention to detail/do not take orders well)

9. Hobo (too adverse to physical danger)

8. Advertising (considered briefly in college before determining I did not want to sell my soul, plus they didn't have it at the university I attended).

7. Children's Author/Voice-Over on Children's TV Show (never tried, measured cost/benefit ratio to probable success)

6. Artist (discovered modern art too late to change my academic career path)

5. Boring Government Job (didn't want to live a safe life full of cold regret under lifeless florescent lights)

4. Public School Teacher Grade 6-12 (See #9)

3. Photographer (See #6)

2. Writer (see #10)

1. Theologian (see #10, #9, #7 and #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment