Friday, December 23, 2011

Holidaze Fragments

Well, Christmas is here again.

Emusic has a cool little program where you test it free for a month (you get 12 bucks credit and most songs cost between 49-79 cents) - I did it back in the summer and got some nice tracks, they emailed me for another free month. Here's what I downloaded in my two free months:

The Apples in Stereo - Fun Noise Trickmaker
Superdrag (selected tracks)
Sloan (selected  tracks from Smear)
Beck - Moden Guilt
Elvis Costello - (selected from Armed Forces)
Ramones - (selected from Rocket to Russia)
Derby - Posters Fade

I hope I have earned some indie cred for some of those purchases and yes, I am going to cancel in a few days.

I love the holidays (mainly the part where I don't go to work) - but somehow there is always something to do. Ah, well.

Finally finished the Qur'an after umpteenth times trying to gut through it (was about a third of the way) - this time I started from the back and finished in a two weeks. I might have some thoughts on that in a blog post one day.


During a surprise weekend getaway last weekend (two nights free at a in-town resort) my wife noted there aren't many posts about her and little about the family in general I realized I keep even this blog at arm's length in some cases. So, I have a wife-centric post coming up soon (start your bated breath right....now).

I did discover an art project for the winter break, hip hip hooray! Results will be shared when it's done! and so far it doesn't suck.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Re-watch Update: Finishing season 6...one more season to go!!!! Wow.

Christmas came early: Alone III leaked...and..... it was a little, itty-bitty, tiny-bit disappointing as most songs are song fragments but there a few gems that I love already (Lisa and Let Me Wash At You Sink). The sections from unfinished Songs From the Black Hole were pretty sweet though. Listen and remember how good the 90's could be:






We hosted our annual Christmas party and I think a good time was had by all. It was the 15th annual party that started back in high school at my wife's parent's house. Now all our kids are all running around in the back of the house. Sometimes it's a little surreal. The party ends a little sooner than it used to but we had a blast. A few couples stayed until 11:00ish and our good friend JJ stayed past 1:00 so we were beat the next day. Good times though. So many memories with those old parties, but the new ones are harder to remember as they have offered less drama then the high school-college days of "who is dating who?" underlying drama.

X-mas fragments for those scoring at home:

Favorite Christmas music hands down is the soundtrack to the Charlie Brown Christmas. Vince Guaraldi was a genius.

Favorite all-time gift: (tie) Castle Greyskull and my first bike.

Favorite Christmas memory: driving around to look at lights with my parents and coming home to read a comic book under the Christmas tree lights.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/and Everything else!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment