Monday, September 26, 2011

Fiery Fragments

I once heard the future of music in Beck but I guess we're still catching up to the 90's even now. I heard some clips of the new Wilco on NPR and that sounded promising and I don't really dig Wilco all that much but I will be checking it out.

I agree with this sign:













I go through these times when I can remember several night's dreams in a row and then go weeks without remembering a thing. Right now I can't remember much of anything....and what I am remembering is boring. The other night I felt like I woke up from something really exciting but no memories.

Star Trek Update: Just started season 4 - off to a great start with the first two episodes even though the second was more of transition episode, especially re-watching without a summer break - I needed the rest.

Love my classes, hate the grading. Blah.

In many ways our current political system is really not class warfare but generational warfare - the baby boomers showing their classic lack of restraint - they had the heavily subsidized education and government programs (can you ever imagine an actual politician today declaring a "war on poverty" - they would be laughed out of the room and dismissed). Of course, the beneficiaries of the "greatest generation" will now retain their benefits at the end of their lives but will happily (in the name of sacrifice, ya know) cut the rest of ours.  They will also deconstruct our social safety net, and strip our public education and government of middle class jobs.  All for a sacrifice so that we don't raise taxes on the wealthy.  (Steps off soap box huffing)

If you don't know we are adopting and on a wait list. It feels like we've been on it forever although it's only been officially a year this week (unofficially we began the process almost two years). Ready to go but I have always found the in-between times in life offer much in the way of reflection, study, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment