Thursday, September 29, 2011

Art Post: Return of the Trolls

So, from time to time I post some stuff I paint, draw, whatever. Here is a little something I cooked up for my youngest nephew for his birthday last spring. I took some pics (this was before we got a scanner) before I sent it off to him.

I had prepped him that it was coming and that I was creating something "Troll related" for him. He didn't seem to care but my sister said he likes it.

Once again, this is all free-hand but I copied the scene from the book, Favorite Tales of Monsters and Trolls, which is illustrated by John O'Brien. You can see my other artwork from this book here.

I think I made a huge mistake with coloring his name. But whatever, he turned six so he should think it's awesome.



I wasn't thrilled with the mapcoloring either really.


 Detail - the bird is the best thing on here.



No comments:

Post a Comment