Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Night Special: Spoon

There is a special place in my heart for the band Spoon.

I discovered Spoon on my college radio show - and we played them frequently (usually stuff off Mountain of Sound EP and A Series of Sneaks). They are everything I like about my rock music - singable, catchy, powerful, fun but smart. You get the picture. We saw them in 98 or 99 at a small club in College Station. There weren't more than 30 people there and they rocked the house. I could have had a beer with Brit but I was too shy for that kinda thing back then (hey, I did have a beer and chatted it up with a member of What Made Miluwakee Famous a few years back though).

Anyway, I fell back in love with Spoon with their album from 2008 - Ga Ga Ga Ga and saw them in Houston that fall.  Enjoy "The Underdog" from the same album!!

No comments:

Post a Comment