Monday, May 30, 2011

Fragment Rock

Away from the blog on vacation this past week - stayed busy and actually went to work one day. Could have gone without the day at work or the extra busyness but that's life.

We had another garage sale fundraiser this weekend - these might actually take a few months off my life.

"Tell me how you feel - and remember, be honest, it's for posterity"

Adopting is a like a huge long pregnancy (going on 15 months now) except my wife is more in the biological father's role this time around with me. This means there are period of times that it doesn't feel like anything is really happening and it all seems so far away. However, lately I have been pondering our transracial identity as a family a little more and that makes it all the more real.

Found myself laughing at my kids the other day and thought - kids are almost worth it - just for the laughs alone.

I am starting to hate living in Texas in the summer time.

Teaching the Gospel of John at church this summer -- maybe it will change the way I feel about it but honestly, I just don't think it can get out of my 4th spot ranking of the gospels. At any rate, I look forward to the challenge of making the class make me dig deeper. Maybe 3rd place isn't out of reach....

Wanting to start planning a "Service Spring Break" trip at school - but knowing I might not be able to go (due to the adoption) surely bitter sweet no matter how I slice it.

blah, blah, blah....

(drumroll please)

Blog Posts Coming Soon

The Paba Free Show - our radio show in college.

The Angel and The One - one of my favorite Weezer songs.

Starting my Experiment - Living the "Not Made in China" Week (planning on this sometime in June or July)

Peace out, my blog brother and sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment