Friday, May 6, 2011

Fragmentally Yours

My kids started watching "The Littles" in the past two months on Netflix...one thing stands out - Grandpa Little is a bastard. He is mean spirited and rude, especially  towards Binky or Dinky (I still can't remember his name). Just an overall unlikeable character. Only in the 80's could you get a main character name calling others "stupid", "idiot", "flea-brained" several times a show.


Grandpa Little: Helping teach our very young how to insult when angry

Saw The Last Temptation of Christ recently for the first time. I came away really impressed and I already want to see it again. It was moving and thought-provoking. Did I agree with every little thing or think everything worked? Nope. Still, it might even be in my top five all-time faves once I see it again and let it settle.

It inspired me to write a future blog post on post on fear and faith (something that has been kicking around in my head and heart for a few weeks now)....

For those counting at home my current five in no particular order:

The Princess Bride
Life is Beautiful
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Shawshank Redemption
Unbreakable

Just realized I haven't written a long post in a long time. oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment