Saturday, May 8, 2010

Art Post # 1: Barbar

Working on 2-3 different posts for now (one "Lost" related, a Pac-Man comic, and a blog about "spiritual masters"). 

Occasionally, I will be posting my artwork on the blog.  I draw/paint/create haphazardly and inconsistently.  I have a few unfinished works in my portfolio. 

Because I am a parent, I see many children's books and love experiencing children's books again (sometimes sharing books I read when I was a child).  This painting is a reproduction of one of our Barbar books.  I love the simplicity of the art in the Barbar books.  The art is bright, smooth, simple and well, appropriately child-like.  This particular picture was the second of three snow-themed panels on a page. With a little foresight, I could have done all three panels at once, but alas, it wasn't to be.  Now, I don't think I could mix the colors exactly the same if I tried.  I love the action of the picture...it just makes me smile.  For some reason the artist had the sky painted a brownish hue - so I followed suit. Odd, but it fits.


      2010, Acrylic with Ink
      Copyright, Neil Lewis
 (of course I own the copyright to Barbar, you fools - how do you think I am independently wealthy?)

1 comment: