Thursday, December 30, 2021

Quote of the Day: Ancient Fake Confucius Quote Edition

I've been reading from Zhuangzi (translation by Ziporyn) and I came across an ancient fake Confucius quote (I guess everyone's been doing it for centuries). Zhuangzi used Confucius as a character in his writings, so while this quote is almost certainly not Confucian, it is attributed to him all the same: 

"People cannot see their reflections in running water, but only in still water" (Ziporyn 33)

For this coming new year, I hope I can slow down more often and reflect more clearly on who I am and who others are. 

Also, exercise more, eat better, yada yada yada, etc., etc., etc.  

I can't promise I will blog more this coming year (hate to disappoint ya, stranger but it's true). That said I hope whoever you are and whenever you are reading this you are happy, warm and have hope and dreams to hold onto, just in case you are neither happy nor warm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment