Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Fragments of UPDATES

You know what I'm happy about? Spring is here (at least in South Texas).

It's time to UPDATE you on my life.

COMIC BOOK THOUGHT UPDATE:

I was reading some early 80's Avengers lately (some just sit on the back of my toilet perpetually). And ya know, what's the point of Wonder Man? He's terrible....as in terribly boring. Boring personality, boring powers, boring costume, boring, BORING, BORING. Why did he exist as a reoccurring character in the freaking Avengers for decades? Who likes Wonder Man? Was he anyone's favorite character in the history of mankind? He sucks. He's stupid. Also, he's boring.

LOS SPURS UPDATE

Just when I thought we'd land in the lottery again, they get good. Blah.

MASS SHOOTING UPDATE 
 
Did you hear about the shooting?

Just kidding of course you did, there's one just about every other week.

CONCERT(S) UPDATE:
 
Taking C (just turned 12 in March) to her first rock concert in June. Weezer!! (Pixies-Weezer in Austin). If you would have told me in December of 1996 after my first Weezer concert I would be taking my 12 year-old daughter to a Weezer concert 22 years later I think I would have flipped my lid. She's excited and so am I. In the meantime I will be going to the Breeders show in Austin a few weeks. One of those bands I have always had on my list. Should be a great one.

MUSIC UPDATE

I have been loving Sufjan Stevens "Carrie and Lowell". It has become my favorite album of his. Soul crushingly sad, amazing, beautiful. Listen to it and let it into your heart.

Also, Weezer's White Album is still so good. (review forthcoming sometime in the 2020's).

I know these albums are a couple of years old but they've been my go-to on and off for two months.

WE WENT MARCHING UPDATE

It felt good to do something, even if it won't change immediately. 

SICK BURN


Shared this on FB and my sister pointed out that she had a grammar mistake on it. Like, who cares sis? ITS A GREAT POSTER. Also, she didn't comment on anything else or like the photos. So I am deleting her comment right this second.

        
H: He said he wanted to wear this Beatles shirt ("All You Need is Love")

C - Hard to read but says Humans > Guns.
 
    
E: This poster was a big hit. It is also true. A TRUE INDISPUTABLE FACT
  



GUN CONTROL UPDATE:

I AM COMING FOR YOUR GUNS.


MOVIE UPDATE

I saw COCO. It was good. Surprisingly I didn't cry but I came close.

BLOG UPDATE

Blog is now updated. Good night to you, don't forget to practice being kind, even when it's hard. That's when you're really tested and your character shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment