Thursday, April 19, 2018

8th Anniversary Celebration blog post: Ain't this Special??!?!

I noticed this month marks my 8th anniversary of blogging. The past few years I have cut back my blogging due to trying to write a novel (eh,not so good) and last year with more grad school.

Still, I like blogging and I like writing and the blog is still going.  I started blogging when blogging was cool (and when no one read my blog) and here I am, still kicking around, doing my thing (where still no one reads my blog).

One consistent aspect of the blog is the writing of LISTS. So, in honor of the the blog's BIG BIRTHDAY. I present a bunch of lists of random stuff.

All Weezer Albums Ranked 

This is hard to list with no qualifiers and justifications but I'm doing it anyway...also, everything from 5-11 is subject to change.

1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. White
4. Green
5. Red
6. Make Believe
7. Everything Will Be Alright In the End
8. Hurley
9. Maladroit
10. Raditude
11. Pacific Daydream

Chips - Ranked

1. Tortilla Chip (preferably low salt, organic)
2. Classic Thin Potato Chip
3. Fritos (best with bean dip)
4. Any chip will do actually, especially with salsa, dip or queso

Seasons - Ranked
1. Spring
2. Fall
3. Winter
4. Summer
 
 Food - Ranked (mainly)
1. Tacos
2. Pizza 
3. Fried Food
4. Peanut Butter
5. Bean Dip
6. Chinese Food
7. Cookie right out of the oven (when it really hits the spot) 

 Favorite Comic Books - Ranked

1. Any Carl Barks
2. Spider-Man (80's)
3. Excalibur (mainly Davis stuff)
4. Transformers (US 1-30 and later Furman stuff )
5. (TIE) Any 80's Marvel

Nirvana Songs I like and Frequently Sing/hum/drum to

1. Turnaround (I know it's a cover, damnit)
2. On a Plain
3. Scentless Apprentice
4. Aneurysm

Things that are COOL that I have recently learned
1. I figured out I have been to more than half the US
2. In the past year, I have met students who had me as prof 10 years ago and 6 years ago respectively and told me they loved my class and still think of it
3. Read John Lewis' graphic novel series, March, picked up his Walking With The Wind for six bucks.

A List of Cool Americans
1. Frederick Douglass
2. John Lewis
3. Emma Tenayuca
4. Gregg Popovich
4. Dorthy Day 
5. Kurdt Cobain 

 My Children (RANKED)

1. (TIE) - All Three of 'Em


 Books I Have Not Read And Have No Plans to Do So (not ranked)
1. Moby Dick
2. Ulysses
3. A Separate Piece
4. Fifty Shades of Grey 

Music Ranked by Decade (NOTE: very subjective and not really informed, actually)

1. 90's
2. 60's
3. 80's
4. 70's
5. 00's
6. 10's
7. 30's
8. 20's
9. 50's
10 40's

Cheese I like - Ranked
1. Chedder (SHARP, you heathens)
2. Smoked Gouda (smoked just puts it over the top)
3. Swiss
4.  Colby

5. Pepperjack

Things I will likely NEVER DO
1. Fly a plane
2. Shoot a gun (again)
3. Spank a child
4. Take another math class
5. Shake Donald Trump's hand and tell him what I think of him and his tiny little pathetic hands.


Best Times to Be Alive (Complete)
1. Now

Best Time to End this Blog Post
1. Now

No comments:

Post a Comment