Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Art Post: Dr. Suess' The Sleep Book

I love Dr. Seuss. 

He's one of my heroes of life. He had such a distinctive, authentic and creative outlook in his art.

I "copied" this out of the excellent The Sleep Book this past weekMy son loves the story and I had been itching for an art project. The great thing about the book is that it actually makes us tired before bed time!  Seuss just keeps the readers viewing all these varieties of characters yawning and it's contagious!  So awesome.  

It's a copy but it's completely free hand. I had to leave out some of the characters (no room) and because of shape/size of the paper, I had to add additional characters (a few of which are my creation but of course based in the Suessian world). 

I added the night sky and some other details, but nothing to get excited about. I originally planned on painting it but, nah, I'll just leave it be for now. Enjoy and go to sleep, will ya, it's getting late?  









No comments:

Post a Comment