Sunday, March 2, 2014

Art Post: My Little Pony

We just celebrated C's 8th birthday last night and I went to work on a poster for the door. C loves My Little Pony (MLP, ya know).  Cliche Alert: WE CAN'T BELIEVE OUR BABY IS ALMOST 8 (we have few days of 7 yet!!)  It may be the last time she has a "character" birthday party, which makes me a little sad. In the meantime, she has grown into a smart, empathetic, sweet, sensitive and funny 2nd grader. I couldn't be more proud of her.

There are worst things than MLP to be into, and it's a halfway enjoyable show.  My "art" has dwindled down to projects for my kids, drawing Sesame Street characters for my son to keep him busy and doodling on occasion at work. I nailed a picture of the "the Count" about two weeks ago for H and felt like a KING.  Oh yeah, it's on the fridge (seriously). I still love drawing - it's just now I'm more like an artist for hire for my kids (they pay me in hugs).  Here are the results from the party: 

Don't call me a "Brony" but that's Twlight and Spike. Pencil, Map colors & Sharpie. I wanted to use paint but really didn't have time for it. C loves it and now has it hanging on her wall. That's the biggest compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment