Saturday, February 22, 2014

Holy Tired Framents Batman!

I just haven't been motivated to write on the blog lately.

There's not really an over-riding reason why. Just ya know, blah de dah. Sorry to my one long-time reader. Maybe there are even two of you hiding there.


If you're getting this reference you are a winner in my book.  

We were given a new TV back in December (for the record we have been married 10 years and never paid for a TV) - this is our first flat screen and I feel very sleek and futuristic now. Anyway, we don't have cable and for some crazy reason our TV couldn't pick up NBC. No biggie because basically the only thing we watch on broadcast TV is: Castle, the occasional local news at 10 PM and my wife watches Grey's Anatomy. That's it.  Oh, and college football from time to time.

Anyway, my SOULMATE says, we need to re-tune it, to get NBC for the Winter Olympics. I'm like, okay, so I retune the sucker, move the antenna around a bit and get NBC, problem solved. Hubby is a Hero. Do you know how much our family has watched of the Olympics now? That's right, ZERO. Zilch. None thus far. All this is to say, now our tuner has trouble picking up PBS and ABC. GAHAHAAH! Seriously, though, I didn't mind I just think it's funny.


The only sport I am remotely interested in watching would be curling. About ten years ago I watched curling for the first time with a group of friends (oh yeah, we were drinking). It was awesome. Truly, it is a "sport" that should be watched while drinking and while staying ignorant to the rules. I think if I bothered to know more about the sport it would just ruin it.  I just want to senselessly watch it and mindlessly cheer for random countries to glory in curling.

Started writing a few songs on Audacity a few weeks back.  Basically a capella numbers (my voice is the guitar and drums) with layered backup voices. Fun stuff. The wife thinks I am crazy. She has a good point.

I went to a Weezer tribute concert here in town last week. 1 really good band, 1 really awful band and 2 okay bands. Still, fun. One band even played Jamie and Longtime Sunshine. That was cool.  I hadn't see an amateur band in ages so it was kinda weird being able to be think things like, "yikes, that sucked"; "I can sing better than this"; "why can't they find a back-up singer?"; etc.

Also, work is kinda crazy - working on dethroning the powers that be is more fun than I thought. The quote from the Gandhi movie keeps coming into my head every other day:

"...(W)hen you are fighting in a just cause, people seem to pop up – like you (to help)– right out of the pavement."

Working for justice is energizing.

It's Saturday and I got stuff to do, but it's time for a PIC DUMP.  It's been too long and you deserve it.

Might need to be a Ramones fan to like this one
 
 
 
Well, I assumed the human race was doomed, but this is surprising.
 
Drummers don't get any respect.
 
 
 
 
G'night kids and don't forget to take out the trash, there's probably something rotting in there anyhow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment