Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fragments For Rent

We had just finished dinner tonight and it was the fourth quarter of the Texas A&M-Alabama game when my 7-year-old daughter started rooting against the Aggies. I told her if she didn't stop she wouldn't be getting dessert.  Does this make me a terrible dad or a true Aggie? I vote both. And, yes, she stopped because she knows better to call my bluff.

Am I sad the Aggies lost? A little. I figured their defense was pretty terrible so I expected a loss but was hoping against reality most of the game (especially after being up 14-0). Very happy they came back to make it respectable. Besides, I was cured from Battered Aggie Syndrome (BAS) last year and I did not relapse today.

I am working on two long posts at once. I have few more posts already planned in my head. I bet you are so PUMPED about that. I am.

Ready for the fall weather to start. Texas sucks sometimes. Actually, a lot of the time but don't remind me.

I had one of those Aerosmith songs stuck in my head a few weeks back (I can't remember if it was Amazing, Cryin' or the other one). So I ended up watching the whole Alicia Silverstone trilogy videos. Man, such great videos.  Brought back memories of staying up late in my room, hoping the videos would come on because Silverstone looked so cute and well, truthfully, they are a great songs. Go ahead and look them up on YouTube. I'll wait.

Well, what's the point of talking about it without pictures? I always used to cringe at that belly button piercing scene. I have  this weird thing about not wanting anyone to touch my belly button. Just found out I have a slight case of Omphalophobia, the fear of bellybuttons, or more exactly of people touching my bellybutton. Just a slight case though, I can't say I would get nauseated if someone touched mine, I just get really uncomfortable. Happy to know I am not the only weirdo in the world.  
 
Ok, are you back?

Ahem...

I had a dream last night that I was in line at a greet-and-meet with Weezer to promote their "new album" that doesn't exist entitled "Strange Children" (not too shabby a title if I may say so myself). I was in line with two pals of mine and I was basically a whole douche as I was talking trash about modern Weezer and how much better they used to be.

ADOLESCENT GOLF MEMORY FLASHBACK TIME

I watched the A&M game at my folk's house and during a commercial my Dad checked in on some golf tournament. One of the dudes flipped his club on the ground after a bad shot. This brought back my memory of playing a par-3 golf course when I was 13.  Why was I playing golf? I dunno maybe it was my idea of REBELLION at the time. My friend Adam and I borrowed our dad's clubs and Adam's mom dropped us off one Saturday morning.  After two or three holes, I missed a gimmie putt and I pounded my putter into the green about four times.  To be fair, it might have been five.

Of course the owner just happened to be driving by in a golf cart and he lays into me. "How could I do this? Why didn't I have self-control?", etc. etc. He went on to say if he knew any better "he ought to kick us off his course". In fact, as I remember it, it was this mention in his tirade that gave him the idea to kick us out. And there we were, expelled from a golf course because I threw a tempter tantrum on the 3rd hole.  Adam had to call his mom to pick us up and we started walking down the road before she got there because we were just too embarrassed to stick around any longer.  I don't think I ever told my parents because I knew I would get in trouble. 

Ta-Ta for now.  Here's a racist Superman cartoon from the 1940's because, you might be a history teacher and want to show the kids what it was like back in the day. Either that or you're a racist.



No comments:

Post a Comment