Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Random, Oh, So Random Fragments


In a weird mood, lots of ideas, kinda tired, so, UR N LUCK. This is my most random post ever.

It's almost my birthday.  After 30, birthdays are just reminders you are going to die, but with cake.

Most memorable birthdays:

6 (Saw Return of the Jedi with friends)
10 (Water ballons)
20 (surprise party)
21 (no comment)
27 (birthday in China with massive firework like candles)
30 (big party with friends and family)
35 (had two birthdays in one day, because as we flew, the date changed)

A few weeks back during the NBA Finals my friend mentioned I would probabley be an atheist if I hadn't been brought up in a strong Christian home.  Pretty much, yeah.

Reading about Chinese Muslims lately  - do you know there are 20-30 million Muslims in China?  Crazy, man.

Found out  one of my favorite Chinese people in history, Zhen He was a Muslim as well.  I had NO IDEA. NOT A ONE. World class sailor. Bro delivered African animals back to the Emperor.  NOAH'S ARK STYLE. Also, for the record, other favorite Chinese people in history are: Confucius, Monks/Dudes that wrote Dao De Jing, and my most favorite, the underrated, Mozi Yeah, I know, STEREOTYPICAL list. Sue, me.  I also LOVE THE BEATLES. 

I wish I had the fortitude or attitude or something to become a vegetarian. The truth is I like meat too much. Still cutting back though...

We had a bunch of roaches in the house (I know, gross). So sickening. We called the "bug guy" and it was like 150 bucks, suddenly, the roaches didn't seem as gross - just spraying with the over the counter stuff.

 If I had to pick one kind of food I could eat for the rest of my life (Americana, Italian, Mexican, etc.) I would go with Chinese.  SO MANY OPTIONS. By the way, I am unsure who invented Lazy Susans, but he/she should be honored. I wish I could eat on a table with a Lazy Susan every meal.

Childhood Memory Flash
My Dad would play pool sometimes on Saturday mornings if my Mom went shopping. I would go and hang out in the arcade area while my Dad played pool. I was lucky if my Dad gave me a buck or a few quarters so I stared a lot at screens, pretending to play. I remember loving Mappy because of the cool cartoons and artwork.  That game was so CRAZY hard. If you were under the age of 8, it was like throwing your quarter in the trash. So cruel.

Favorite Piano Songs:

The one played over and over on The Sting
Everything on Charlie Brown Christmas 
Moonlight Sonata 
Any slow song my wife plays on our piano in the house

I hate those restaurants where they charge you for chips and salsa. Especially if it's a Tex-Mex place, that's on OBAMACARE right there.

I like bean dip. Its probably horrible for your health and likely has no real beans in it, but it's sooooo good.

I used to like baseball as a kid, then I thought it was boring, now the very thought of watching it on TV sends soccer-like shivers down my spine.

OK, that's all lovely folks.  So, in hobbit-like fashion (as traditionally hobbits provide gifts for their friends on their birthday) here are some pics I found recently:






No comments:

Post a Comment