Monday, August 15, 2011

Poem Post: Memories

Written circa 2003-2004 (???). I have always found it interesting to go back and look at old pictures...I am a nostalgic guy. I am also fascinated with time. I am a firm believer that the past is not really the past at all in any objective sense... it's always changing and constantly being re-interpreted by us.  This is a fun poem to read. I am sure it was spurred by looking at some pictures of my ex-girlfriend or something silly like that.


Memories
My old pictures aren’t the same
they've yellowed around the corners
and so much else has faded
these people's smiles seem so old, so strange
my face is different--odd, dark and young
years pass and the memories fade.
I haven't changed a bit -- it's the pictures that have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment