Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Walking into Faith









Why does it always seem to take a crisis to believe?

Why can't we just take the plunge before we find ourselves in a dire situation?

Pride? Stupidity?

Maybe we're just wired that way.

Like Indiana Jones I think you can't see the bridge until you actually walking on it. It's not a freaking Jedi mind trick, it's like asking a blind man to describe a sunset - we're incapable of seeing until we believe. If you think God is dead, then, he's dead.

As I struggle to believe-- I wonder why the things that always bring me back are the things I can't handle.

It's not that pushing the rock up the hill endlessly isn't impossible alone, Sisyphus did it, as did Camus. The point is, it doesn't have to be that way. So while I relax now, comfortable in my air conditioned house to doubt, over analyze and ponder -- I wait knowing that a storm is coming and I don't want to go through it alone.

Like all storms this means preparation is in order and that means I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment