Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fragment Trek

Almost done with my chairship (I don't think that's quite a word but whatever). At this point the waiting has gotten to the fever stage. I have a hard time concentrating at work and I am behind on my grading (which I am putting off even as I type). Don't let anyone ever tell you 8:00 AM's Monday-Thursdays are easy....boy, I don't know how regular people do it. I get up so early I don't see the kids at all.

This week I was presented with a possible opportunity that would be awesome. I don't know when it would be or if I could even go due to our adoption (as it would have me leaving the country for three weeks) - and the person that might arrange for it to happen might not be in his position in the next two years....so....we'll just have to see how it pans out. For now, I doubt it will all happen, but it's an exciting thought.

Speaking of our adoption, we are making serious headway on our waitlist. I wish we could get our son now but waiting isn't all bad. We have time to prepare logistically and emotionally, etc.

Just made a few purchases off Amazon and the two books I bought pretty much sum up my current interests and personality quite well, Albert Camus' The Rebel and Marvel's Planet Hulk collection (which, even by non-geek standards is pretty cool, well on second thought, no, it's only cool on comic/science-fiction standards, most normal people would think it's stupid).

HOT OFF THE PRESS BLOG NEWS
(wow that was exiciting, eh?)

Experiments in Living: A Week Without "Made In China" as been postponed until at least mid-July. I just want to finish my five-week class first.

Weezer Concert Review: Coming Soon. I wrote most of it and then got bored (not exactly the best advertising for that post, I know).

Also, thinking of visiting the local Sikh center one of these weekends.  If I do, I'll have a report.


Here is a picture of Jean Luc Picard because, let's face it, you just can't go wrong with a picture of Jean Luc Picard to end a blog post. It's gold. "Engage!"

No comments:

Post a Comment