Sunday, October 1, 2017

Fragments, ya know, just good ol' fragments

Random Fragments

Been pondering the Fermi Paradox lately. Just been swirling in my head a lot. It's the darnest thing really. Maybe I'll write about it someday....(yeah, right).

Nationalism is a disease.

Trump is a child, a bully, an asshole, a sexist, a racist, a sexual predator but when I think of him most of the time, I think of him as an empty-headed fool. The most dangerous of fools, who believe they are actually smart.

Story Time

Two nights ago I had a dream that my wife and I were in a minor accident (K backed into a truck that careered into another truck and a Frogger arcade cabinet that just happened to be on the street corner at the time). No big deal, just a typical weird dream.

I woke up, went pee and went back to sleep. Later, early in the morning, our son got up and asked us for breakfast, because he was "really hungry". He settled for a small banana (of which he ate 3 small bites) and side note, didn't eat his breakfast until 9:00 AM because he told me he didn't feel like eating at that point in time.

Ok, so after H had woken us up (around 6:00 AM), I was in a different dream...in this dream, I was at our oldest child's school when K called me to tell me our van had somehow been totaled in the accident. I was sad because we just paid off our van in real life (and apparently in the dream as well). After I woke up, I realized that time-line of the old dream bled into the new dream, several hours later, even after I had woken up. Very weird, but very cool.



Work Fragments

I am a part of a Study Abroad to India and I am so upset because they basically took my program, changed it, made me team up with another faculty member, screwed up our budget, etc. so, I just don't care. I may be fulfilling one of my life-long dreams and when I think about it, it just pisses me off. What a world. But maybe it will all turn out in the end....?

Excited about the possibility of running a program at the school. If it goes my way, it will be really, really exciting.  As it, it could make an actual difference in the world. If not, I will be, uh, sad.


Stuff I'm Trying To Do Lately (followed by my measurement of success based on 1-5 Stars, five stars being awesome, one star being terrible. 

Trying to be mindful as much as possible ***
Eating more fruit, cutting crap ***
Eating more vegetables *
Being organized at work ***
Reading Actual Books (not comic books) **
Not Watching Football ****

Side note: Note watching football because of CTE's, nothing to do with the taking of the knee stuff, which, I support 110%. 

Kid Fragment Updates

C (6th grade) impressed me with her balance and creative spirit. She's doing great on he grades. She's got a good head on her shoulders and she's coming around on the Beatles! She's always loved them but seems to be "getting them" now.

Trying to always keep the middle child, E (3rd grade) in mind. All of my kids are amazing but today I felt as though E will definitely change this world with her passion and unique vision. She's such a snuggle bug. We've been loving reading from a Peanuts Treasury in bed together a lot lately. Making nice memories together. :)

H was sick today. Vomited in the van so I cleaned vomit out of his clothes, the van floor, stuff on the van floor and (my favorite) the car seat!!! Oh boy. He's been doing well in Kinder after a rough start of being bored. He started basketball two weeks ago and I love his attitude to keep practicing and get better. Still can't shoot at the six-foot basket worth a darn, but he can dribble pretty well.

Well, that's life...it's up and down and overall, relentless. Oh yeah, I should be grading. !!

That's all folks, don't forget to pick up milk on the way home and kiss your loved ones when you get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment