Saturday, August 26, 2017

School Daze Fragments

It's almost school time and fragment time here at HF (that's Hopeful Fragment for those scoring at home).

My oldest, C, starts 6th grade, which is middle school here and that means tears, drama and humiliation...but it's all part of growing up. E starts third grade and so that feels pretty normal but our youngest, H, starts Kinder. Kinda crazy. I am 40 and all my kids are finally in school.

Hey now, I'm happy to be alive. 

I went to the grocery store the other night and I noticed how quickly time felt at the store. I feel like time at the grocery store moves at 3 times normal speed. I get home and think, "How did that take 45 minutes?"

POETRY UPDATE 

I wrote some poetry again, it was cool. Also, I found an old short story of a Komodo dragon that was about to be executed by firing squad when a solider breaks rank and tries to convince everyone to save the animal's life. I think I will post it here soon. (WOW).

WORK UPDATE 

Teaching an intro to peace and conflict class in the fall and getting excited. India is a go (for study abroad) but the budget is a MESS. Too complicated to get into.

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS UPDATE

Take them all down, take every last one of those damn statues down. Also, I am a trained historian, so that gives me all the creditability I need, posers.

Entertainment UPDATE


Hey man, I started watching Arrested Development. Pretty good, man, pretty good.

Also still on my MST3K kick. Love the show, Love it. LOVE IT.



Because it's being brought up I should say I am TEAM JOEL and the first four and a half seasons. I just don't like the Mike.... I have tried, I really have tried and it hasn't yet sunk in. Here is how I rank 'em.

Joel
-
Jonah
-
-
-
Mike Nelson

Also, I prefer Picard to Kirk by MILES.

I have a sinking feeling about the Spurs this year, haven't felt this way since 2010ish.

I started my big Ireland post but got bogged down by details, all the crazy details...it is a HUGE post and it's the first two days... geez.

NINTENDO UPDATE
Got the NES Classic, back in Jan, so far I have passed Super Mario 1,2, 3, Mega Man 2, was obsessed with Mario Brothers and Balloon Fight for weeks at a time, almost passed Zelda 1 but got distracted and I am about to fight Mother Brain on Metriod. MEMORIES.

FOOD UPDATE

I sometimes get sick of eating. As in, everything I think about possibly eating I just don't want.....Either that or it's unrealsitc, like I want a huge burger or cheesecake but other than that everything else seems sick or boring. It happens to me once every few weeks. Blah.

Okay, ladies and gents I think I have had it. Treat yourself to a late night snack but don't forget to do the dishes before bed, it will make you feel better in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment