Sunday, April 20, 2014

200th Post

Huzzah! Hooray! It's the 200th post for Hopeful Fragment and the 4th anniversary of the blog (the official birth date was yesterday).

Wow, four crappy years of blogging. 

Blogging has been a fun part-time hobby. It's forced me to write on ideas that go kicking around up in my head. In the past, no one would hear my ideas. Now, no one reads them!

(drum hit)

Thank you, thank you, very much.

Seriously though, I deem my blog a success. I often do not follow through on goals or projects or just get bored of them before I finish. It has also allowed me to record some of the most important events in my past and wrap my head around other religions. When the need has arisen, I have basically quoted my own blog at random times in life. I already had some ideas ready - so I could  flow in my conversations LIKE A BOSS.

I was going to create a list the posts I am most proud but just the idea of it bored me, so I figured, the heck with it. So, it's time for the big announcement: 

My blogging will be slowing down for an indefinite amount of time.

It's not because I don't enjoy the blog it's just I will have lot going on in the coming months.

First and foremost, I have much to read and prepare for with our study abroad program to Peru coming up in June. Secondly, I am girding myself to finally attempt to write a children's novel when I get back from Peru. Given the commitment level that serious writing takes, I just won't be able to blog very often (even at my usual slow pace).

It doesn't mean I am stopping from blogging completely. I have at least 3-4 drafts at various stages of development so those will be finished at some point in the next few months (maybe). I will also likely post pure "fragment" posts at least every 2 months. You never know when something might strike my fancy.

I will also rack up some easy posts -- things like my Quote of the Day, Thought of the Day, Pic Dumps, and Saturday Night Specials.

Finally, I plan on blogging about the Peru trip when I get back (that will have to be at least two huge posts). So, this place won't be a graveyard of broken dreams at all, no siree.

Eventually, I may get into blogging about the writing process. However, I'll worry about that when I get there. The whole idea of writing is intimidating but I think it will be a great challenge. My goal is to finish something I am proud of and that my children will love.

Until next time, eat that last cookie, you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment