Friday, February 11, 2022

A Poem About Popeye

I have things I have to do, I have updates to give you, a random person on the internet (or more likely it's just me in the future reading this). 

That said, here's a poem I wrote a few months ago:

Popeye Determines to Overcome his Midlife Crisis After Reading a Book About Buddhism  

As the third panel comes, I wait for the joke,

But it’s just Bluto waiting to fuck me up.

I run towards the spinach to save the day

but I never seem to remember just why I’m running or why. 

“I am what I am, and that's all that I am”

But the truth is, I don’t know what I am.

I think I am done with this.

There aren’t enough panels for “what I am”.  

There are so many 

terrible/wonderful/beautiful/mysterious 

panels left to find out. 

The self is an illusion, 

I am done lying.  


No comments:

Post a Comment