Friday, August 8, 2014

Old Photos 2005-2007

I began tonight inspired to write about something. First, I tried writing about something really sad. That didn't work out too good. Then I tried writing about something positive and I didn't feel it. So, this idea has been floating in my head for some time.....posts about Peru are coming....some day....some time....maybe....

We changed our desktop to rotate our photos every 5 seconds. It brings back memories and I forgot how much fun I used to have taking pics. Here's some selections from 2005-2007.  I will (at some point in time) dig though the next few years of pics and pick out my faves. Enjoy, party people.

Yeah, a heart. Go ahead and make fun me you pretentious jerk. I didn't say this was gonna win awards did I?
 
Only slightly brightened up with Photoshop. This was my birthday morning in 2005, I was going to work and went back inside to grab the camera because it was so beautiful.

San Antonio Museum of Art

Frost in SA - a rarity.

This guy was crawling up our house in the backyard.

 ICE STORM of 2007 - the whole city shut down and I was loving it.

I used to take pics of old farms and buildings. Everything seems so incredibly fragile and delicate around these buildings. I always felt like I could be the last visitor before these sites would be swallowed up by nature. I found going to the sites actually very touching, as if I was walking around a graveyard. Inevitably, it got me thinking about the story of who lived in the house and how it came to be in disrepair.  I would get up at the crack of dawn and jump fences to get to these forgotten relics. One time I completely torn my jacket as it got caught on some barb wire.
 




 
Downtown SA, 2007

Layers and layers


I dunno, filters man.

No comments:

Post a Comment