Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lonely Fragments


My wife and kids have been gone for 10 days now and return tomorrow I thought I would have all this time to write and accomplish so much on the blog. oh well.

Late in the spring I tried to name as many players as I could that have played with Tim Duncan. I got up to 53. I was very disappointed with my self, I was expected at least to name 70+.   My wife found the sheet and wrote in #54 "you're weird but I love you". That made me smile.

I have been watching the LOTR trilogy (Extended Edition with all the special features). It's been cool. Can't wait for The Hobbit. I think I'm going to try for the midnight showing.

I think I ate more unhealthy with no one around.

I was a lot more busy than I thought I would be. I thought I would be lounging around, taking multiple naps a day, writing, reflecting, etc. Instead I was teaching, grading, getting certified to get folks to register to vote, watering lawns (I was looking after two other lawns other than our own while different people were out of town), prepping for a hunger banquet at church, going to my parents house twice, getting ready for the fall and more. I wouldn't really describe as "busy" but there wasn't a ton of downtime either.

Hard to believe school is starting again soon. Our six-year old will be going into the 1st grade and turning 7 in March. It feels more and more like she's not a little girl any more and that bums me out a little. All the same, I am proud of the little lady she is becoming. 

Doing some van shopping as well. I don't like car shopping, car dealerships, car salesmen, test driving, worrying if you're getting ripped off, thinking about how much money you are sinking into this hunk of machinery, even thinking about it makes me ill. bah, humbug.

I had an idea for a movie the other day but I am too lazy and not talented enough to pull it off.

Hang loose, daddy-o's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment