Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Poem Post: I Groove

Written in the mid-2000's about an event in 1999 or 2000. Edited and published on my blog in 2012.
That's about it. 

I Groove
I begin my strut to the dance floor covered in plastic tarp
the party crowd circles around me with their plastic cups.
As the strobe lights flash 
everything's slowed  down - 
my name is chanted
and I feel good.
She lingers towards me and starts to dance
the crowd roars with approval. 
I'd seen her on campus before
and I always stared.  
She never once returned the favor even with a glance. 
But here she is now - dancing with me. 
The crowd, the chanting,(her beer?) brought her towards me. 
We dance, and I groove like never before.
The song ends
and we part
as if it never happened .
But my groove
is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment