Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summertime Fragments

Talking with my six-year old in the car the other day and I don't remember what we were talking about but she said, "Sometimes I wonder who I am and what I am doing?". I praised my little philosopher for asking such big questions.

I've been on "break" since last week but I don't feel rested and I haven't really had a break. Go figure.

Had an epic hour yesterday. I sold five old books at the used bookstore that I didn't want for five bucks (I got ripped off but ya know I just wanted to get rid of them as I need the shelf space anyway). Got 8 comics for $2.50 (80's Marvel). With my remaining money, I got two tacos for the exact amount leftover money in my pocket. It was like fate, man.

Summer's cool. We have our anniversary in June (and Father's Day) and both of our birthdays in July...so lots of excuse to go out on dates. 

As expected, my grandma passed away last week....it went as well as those type things can go.

I sometimes get the desire to post links to cool articles and pics but think that it really wouldn't be that fun after all. Pic Dumps are enough for me.

Reviews of Stuff

Rockafire Explosion Documentary - 2.5 stars (out of 5)

The Avengers Movie - 3.5 stars (it's alright but damn, it's not worth the $8.50 or whatever it was for a ticket - that makes me want to never go back until The Hobbit in December unless I have a coupon) 

Spurs Playoff Run - 5 Stars (I mean, the playoffs are about drama so they aren't really producing it but they are playing some amazing ball -- I hope they keep it up with no drama at all by kicking the crap out of the Thunder and Heat).

NBA Side note Part I: Can't say I think the Mavs are Lakers were very good this year but OKC impresses me. The team and it's fans are rabid. My gut is telling me this series (SA-OKC) could be a classic. Maybe like SA- Dallas 06 (can't say it worked out for us but the games were amazing - even if the refs were awful and gave the Mavs some critical calls). It's just got that vibe and hype going.  But who knows?  I hope this time the Spurs come out on top - they need Manu back in fifth gear for this series.

NBA Side note Part II : Every know and then I think about how scary the Heat or Celtics are (as they both actually play defense) and then remember how crappy both look against crappy, crappy teams). Seriously, Jazz would be at least the fifth best team in the East maybe the fourth and the Clippers, even with a hobbled team, are better than the Pacers.

Man on a Wire Documentary -4 stars (not even done with this one but it's a goodie).

Summer Weather - 4 Stars (hasn't been too hot yet)

Sno-cones from the place down the street - 5 Stars (Tiger's Blood with Cream)

That is all, proceed with the rest of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment